CSA Week 12
We’re flying through the last week of summer….enjoying a lot of time outside, a trip to the dollar theater (big excitement), and lots of baking plans for tomorrow, so that we won’t start school without adequate carbohydrate consumption. Now that would be a sad thing.
Our share this week:
- 1/2 lb salad mix
- 1 bunch beets
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1.5 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 3 lbs tomatoes
- 1.5 lbs squash, cucumbers, zucchini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 head garlic
- TLB sandwiches, corn on the cob
- Homemade pizza, with pesto and tomatoes
- Enchiladas with tomatillo sauce (I bought some tomatillos at the market)
- Chicken, roasted fingerling potatoes, cucumber salad
- Greens and cheese burritos
- Squash risotto (yeah, on the menu plan last week, never ended up making it. But it still sounds good).
We are also cooking:
Something good for breakfast the first day of school (peach and yogurt muffins, maybe)
Cheese crackers (I’ll post a link if this is successful)
Something decadent for lunch boxes. Hmmm, homemade oreos, or the basic chocolate chip cookie….
Pesto for the freezer, and I’ll continue working on filling the freezer. next week: adventures in canning